For One 12-inch baguette or Two 6-inch demi-baguettes, you’ll need:
- 1 ⅓ Cups (185g) Flour Mix
- ⅔ Cups (146g) Lukewarm Water
- 1 ½ Tbsp (18g) any Oil, like Olive or Sunflower
- ½ Packet Yeast (1 tsp, 3.5g)
- ⅛ tsp (0.5g) Baking Powder
- Kitchen mixer (with a Paddle attachment, aka Flat Beater, not the dough hook), Hand Mixer, or Spatula and mixing bowl Baguette Pan, Rubber Spatula, Brush and Knife Scale (recommended) or Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Mix for 8 minutes until dough is smooth. Use Kitchen Aid Mixer, electric hand mixer on low speed or just mix with wooden spatula if you want a little workout.
- Shape baguette with wet hands, place on oiled baguette pan
- Form dough into a little ball, about the size of a golf ball
- Let rise 45 – 55 minutes at room temperature. Longer if it’s cold, shorter if it’s warm.
- Preheat oven to 400F convection, or 425F regular.
- Right before putting in Oven score Baguette with Knife
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Add few minutes if you like thicker crust.
- Remove from oven and enjoy right away! Baguettes taste best the first day.