To make 8-10 biscuits, you’ll need:
- 1 Cup (138g) Happy Campers Easy Peasy Flour Mix
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- ¾ Cup + 1 Tbsp (180g) Cream (Heavy Whipping Cream or Coconut Cream) + a little bit to brush tops with for that golden color
- Optional: 2 Tbsp Garlic powder and 2 tsp Dried Rosemary – our favorite combination to make these biscuits savory!
Notes on Coconut Cream: you want one from a can. If you have Coconut MILK in a can, refrigerate it and then scoop what settles on top. You can also totally use straight up Coconut Milk from a can. The biscuits turn out slightly less rich, but just as delicious.
- Preheat oven to 450F. (Biscuits like it hot!)
- Combine Flour Mix with Baking Powder in a Mixing Bowl.
- Add Cream and combine just enough so that everything comes together. Use a wooden spatula at first and then hands. Don’t overwork the dough.
- Shape biscuits using one of these two methods
- Quick method: simply scoop out 2 Tbsp-size dough and roll into little balls. This method is what’s shown in the photos.
- Proper method for that pretty layered Biscuit look:
- Flatten-out the dough onto a floured surface, about 1-inch thick
- You can simply use your floured hands or a rolling pin
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut the biscuits and place onto a baking sheet
- Brush tops liberally with Cream for that golden brown color.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and omnomnomnom! Biscuits are fantastic hot straight from the oven as well as after cooling down.