To make 12-16 two-bites-size, soft-baked cookies, you’ll need:
- 1 ½ Cup (208g) Happy Campers Easy Peasy Flour Mix
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Cup “Fat” at room temperature (Coconut Oil, Regular Butter, Plant-Based Butter or Palm-Done-Right Palm Oil)
- ½ Cup “Sugar” (Cane Sugar, Brown Sugar, Coconut Sugar, Maple Syrup, Date Paste, Honey or Molasses)
- 2 Tbsp Water (no water if using Maple Syrup, Date Paste, Honey or Molasses)
- 2-3 Tbsp Water (no water if using Maple Syrup, Date Paste, Honey or Molasses)
- 2 tsp Vanilla (optional)
The above is your Base recipe. Now give your imagination a workout and add whatever tickles you fancy! If you feel like an amazing plain cookie, you also don’t have to add anything at all. Here are a couple of our favorite classics:
- Gingerbread: 1 tsp Cinnamon, 1 tsp Ginger, 1/2 tsp Nutmeg, 1/4 tsp Cloves, 1 extra Tbsp Water
- Chocolate Chip: ½ Cup chocolate chips
- Snickerdoodle: 3 Tbsp Cinnamon (add extra 2 Tbsp of water)
- Party Hearty Cookie: Raisins and chopped Walnuts, Craisins and chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine Flour Mix with Baking Powder in a mixing bowl. We like to use a wooden spatula and then combine everything together by hand at the end.
- Add all other Ingredients (except chocolate chips, raisins or walnuts type of ingredients) and combine together well. Use a spatula or hands. It’s very quick and easy and doesn’t require any special technique.
- Fold in Chocolate Chips, raisins or walnuts type of ingredients.
- Scoop onto a baking sheet. We use a Tablespoon to scoop out bite-size cookies.
- Flatten little bit with a fork if you want a flatter cookie shape.
- Bake for 12 minutes and you’re in cookie heaven!!!
- Notes: Bake for 15 minutes if you like crunchier cookies and for 10 minutes if you like softer. If you like extra soft, add 1-2 Tbsp extra water during mixing.