We are continuously updating this information per your feedback! Please let us know if your desired Substitution is missing via the Questions/Feedback tab. We will respond to you within 24hrs and include it here for others.
- Substitute Oil 1:1 with Apple Sauce.
- Notes: Without oil, the texture of bread will be sticky the first day, which can make slicing a little bit harder. The stickiness will largely go away by the second day.
Sugar in Cravin’ Raisin
- Substitute Sugar for Maple Syrup: use 155g Maple (1/3 Cup) and 292g Water (1 1/3 Cups).
- Substitute Sugar for Honey: use 92g Honey (1/3 Cup) and 314g Water (1 1/3 Cups + 2 Tbsp).
Seeds in Buckwheat Molasses
- Substitute Flax Seeds for Chia Seeds 1:1.
- If using no Flax and no Chia Seeds, decrease water by 14g (1 Tbsp)
- You can use Ground or Whole Flax Seeds
- Flax Seeds provide structure, so we don’t recommend adding more Flax seed (or Chia if you’re substituting) than what the recipe calls for
- For other seeds, you can use just about any seeds you’d like, Pumpkin, Poppy, Sesame etc.
- If you use more Seeds than what the recipe calls for (83g = ½ to ⅔ Cup), your bread will turn out a little bit denser. Which may not be a bad thing at all!
Extra Protein Bread
- Substitute Flour Mix 1:1 with your choice of protein powder. Up to 23g (¼ cup) of protein powder per Loaf
- For the exact same recipe as our pre-baked Classy Slice flavor, substitute 18g (3 Tbsp) of Bread Mix for Organic Pea Protein powder
Can I make your bread Yeast Free?
- Our yeast-free baking experience is limited at this point. We have, however, received wonderful feedback from customers making Yeast-Free Buns or Focaccia-style flat bread. To make this, use the Recipe for Dinner Rolls and instead of Yeast use: ½ Tbsp Lemon Juice and ¼ tsp Baking Soda.