Dear happy camper,
In spite of how important it is to eat healthy, sometimes the sweet treats call to us!
We enjoy them once a week, always mindfully and with a positive attitude. We do our very best to truly feel like they are actually good for us and let the yumminess nourish our soul! 🙂
How do you reconcile your quest to eat healthy and to enjoy the joys of food as well?
Now that we’re on the subject, few foods are going to satisfy that sweet calling more than homemade cinnamon rolls. Make these amazing gluten free vegan cinnamon rolls with our Easy Peasy Flour Mix! Just their aroma is bound to spark a warm campfire in your soul!
This recipe makes 6 Cinnamon Rolls (prep time 30 min, rise 1hr, bake 30 min):
- 1 ¼ Cup (178g) Happy Campers Easy Peasy Flour Mix
- 2 tsp = 1 packet (7g) Yeast
- 1/2 tsp (3g) Baking Powder (optional)
- 2 tsp (5g) Cinnamon
- A pinch (0.5g) Cardamom
- 2 ½ Tbsp (38g) Sugar – or 3 Tbsp (55g) Maple Syrup
- ½ Cup + 1 Tbsp (123g) Lukewarm Water – or ½ Cup (108g) if using Maple Syrup
- 1 ½ Tbsp (18g) Olive or another Oil
- Kitchen mixer, Hand Mixer, or Spatula. Mixing bowl. Glass Baking Dish (greased). Rubber Spatula. Wax Paper. Sharp Knife.
Filling Recipe: Feel free to use your own favorite or this simple one is ours!
- 1 Tbsp (14g) Plant-Based Butter (you can use regular butter too)
- 1 Tbsp (8g) Cinnamon
- ⅓ Cup (65g) Coconut Sugar (or other, such as Brown Sugar)
- Make your Filling first and set it aside: simply whisk together Plant Butter, Cinnamon and Sugar for a couple of minutes. Handheld electric mixer works best for this.
- Combine all the dough ingredients and mix for 5-6 minutes with a kitchen aid mixer or hand mixer until smooth.
- Lay down a sheet of Wax Paper and brush with oil. This is probably the most important part. The Wax Paper has to be Oiled, otherwise dough will stick to it and you won’t be able to roll it.
- Put dough on the Oiled Wax Paper and spread it to about 0.25in thick with a Rubber Spatula. Dough is very sticky, so use Water for easy handling. Water your hands or spatula liberally and multiple times during the spreading.
- Spread your filling on evenly.
- Pick up the long side of Wax Paper and simply roll into a log. Keep the roll tight.
- Take a sharp knife and cut the log into desired thickness. We do 1-1.5 inch.
- Place rolls into a greased baking dish, so that the edges are just a little bit apart and don’t touch. The buns will rise and expand quite a bit when baking.
- Cover your baking dish with a towel and let rise at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- You could just go for it and dig in right here or… let cool for about 15 minutes in the pan. Invert the pan onto a plate, so that the filling which leaked out of the rolls can drip back in. Scoop leftover delicious goo onto the top (formerly bottom) of the buns and munch on! Reheat, if enjoying later.
- If you want to go a step above, feel free to cover with your favorite Icing! Personally, the sweetness of this recipe is just right for us, so we don’t ice it.
- You can also find a link to this recipe with additional photos here.
Lacy and Jan