Dear Happy Camper,
The summer is here! Let’s put some shorts on and fire up the grill! Maybe even invite a few friends for a small outdoor gathering! How AMAZING is that!?
As we enjoy this Memorial day weekend, let us realize how lucky we are to live in a free country. And let us remember all the sacrifices that were made so we have the freedom to pursue meaning and happiness in our lifetimes. May this Memorial day bring us gratitude and togetherness!
For such occasions, we have just the bbq recipe: Portobello Mushroom Burgers!
Delicious, gluten-free, plant-based and perfect for your backyard grill.
― Burger Buns (order by Wednesday for delivery by May 31st!)
― 4 Portobello Mushroom caps
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Chopped rosemary and/or other herbs, like sage, thyme or oregano.
- 1 Tbsp Sauce, like Bbq, Worcester or your other favorite sauce
- Instead of Sauce, you can use ½ tsp of each: garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and brown sugar
- The usual burger fixings:
- Etc., you know the drill!
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl
- Place mushroom caps in a dish and brush both sides with marinade liberally
- Leave at room temperature for 20 or so minutes, brush again mid-way through
- Preheat your grill or pan
- Grill for 5-7 minutes on each side, baste with remaining marinade
- Put cheese on for the last 1 minute of grilling
- Warm up your buns on the grill, pile the fixings on and enjoy
Keep smiling and happy Memorial Day!