Hi there hungry happy camper!
Need a nutritious lunch idea? Let’s do this “protein chickpea sandwich melt!”
We love this sandwich because it’s packed with protein and fiber. It’s very nutritious and filling. It has the perfect buttery crunch from bread, melty cheese, tangy pickles and savory chickpea mash. It’s great for everyone, including kids!
- Rinse and drain one can of chickpeas.
- Mash chickpeas in a bowl with a fork or pulse through a food processor.
- Add 3-4 Tbsp plant-based mayo
- Add dried dill, salt and pepper to taste
- Optional but highly recommended – add chopped pickles!
- Butter two slices of bread, we recommend Classy Slice
- Grill bread butter side down with one slice of plant-based cheese on each bread piece
- Once bread is grilled and cheese is melted, add sliced avocado on each bread slice
- Add chickpea mixture and slice sandwich in half. Enjoy!
This wonderful recipe is from our friend Lauren. She’s a holistic nutritionist & vegan chef who’s been plant-based for 20 years. She recently started a new business Plantful nutrition, offering to coach and consulting for those who want to learn more about eating plant-based and vegan. If that peaks your interest, check her out!