Leaves are changing. Cider’s mulling. Pumpkins are spicing. Fall has fallen, friends! It’s the best time of year to curl up with a book in front of a fire… Or get in the kitchen and bake something delicious!
We are head over heels with these out-of-this world muffins! They can be made as a loaf, too. Please don’t take our word for it though, do yourself a favor, and bake a batch or two this season!
As always, these muffins are gluten, vegan and made with Happy Campers Organic Flour Mix.
Recipe: (makes 12 medium gluten free muffins, or 1 large gluten free pumpkin banana loaf)
- 1 1/2 Cup Easy Peasy Flour Mix
- 1 Can (= 1 ¾ Cup) Pumpkin (unsweetened, unspiced)
- 1 Large ripe Banana
- 1/4 Cup Dairy-free butter (or Coconut Oil or other Oil)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar or Sweetener of choice (we use Coconut Sugar)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ¼ tsp clove powder (Or use comparable Pumpkin Spice seasoning of choice)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Optional: ½ Cup Chocolate Chips and/or 3/4 Cup chopped Walnuts
- Note 1: to make this Banana-free, simply substitute with additional 3/4 cup of Pumpkin puree
- Note 2: to make this Pumpkin-free, simply substitute all Pumpkin with 4 ripe bananas (total 5 bananas for the recipe). Large to medium size. We recommend decreasing sugar amount by half and adding 3 Tbsp Water.
- Note 3: In place of Pumpkin puree, you can substitute with sweet potato. Just cut sweet potatoes to smaller pieces, steam them until very soft (about 30 minutes) and mush them up.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Melt butter
- Add Melted butter and all other ingredients except Chocolate Chips and/or Walnuts into Food Processor (or use Bowl and Electric Mixer)
- Mix for 2-3 minutes until everything combines well and is completely smooth
- Taste the mixture and add Spices or Sweetener if needed
- Fold Chocolate Chips and/or Walnuts in
- Scoop batter into Muffin pan lined with parchment paper (fill the pan a little bit below the lip, as shown on the image below)
- Or pour batter into a baking pan lined with parchment paper (approximately 9in x 5in)
- Bake Muffins for 15-20 minutes on the top or middle oven rack or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean
- If baking a loaf, bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do and remember to keep smiling…