We hope this email finds you well and excited for the summer holiday weekend! Looking for something new and delicious for the 4th of July feast? We’re here to help with a recipe so simple and tasty you can’t go wrong: Sweet & Spicy BBQ Jackfruit!
Lacy and I love Jackfruit as a meat alternative. It’s so easy to prepare, loaded with fiber and it takes on any flavor in minutes (no marinating required). The texture and color are so similar to pulled pork. You have to see it to believe it!
This recipe (and photo below) was created by our friend Joanne. Joanne is an integrative health and nutrition specialist and creates gorgeous, delicious and wholesome recipes. We recommend checking her stuff here!
This is what you need:
- 16 oz Can of Young Jackfruit .You can find it in most stores, including Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods and even Walmart
- 3 Tbsp BBQ Spice Rub.Store-bought or make your own! 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp smoked paprika, 1 pinch salt, 1/4 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 5 Tbsp BBQ Sauce.Store-bought or make your own! 1 tbsp tomato paste, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Toppings! Let your creativity run wild! Shredded Cabbage, Avocado, Tomatoes, Pickles, Onion….
To make BBQ Jackfruit:
- Drain liquid from jackfruit and add to a saucepan.
- Cover with spice rub and let sit for a few minutes.
- Add the saucepan to heat, cover with BBQ sauce and cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Take two forks and pull the jackfruit apart until it looks like pulled pork.
- Remove from heat and pile on two Wild Buns, top with toppings and omnomnomnom!
We wish you a wonderful and safe 4th, filled with good food and good laughs! Lacy and I are heading out for the first camping trip of the season, it finally stopped raining.