INGREDIENTS (makes 8 bite-size bars in the picture. Feel free to double or triple!)
- 2 Tbsp Easy Peasy Flour Mix
This is a no-bake recipe so the raw flour mix needs to be toasted: simply preheat your oven to 350F, spread flour mix on a baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes.
- OR use 2 Tbsp Gluten-Free Oats instead
Oats don’t have to be toasted, because regular oats are treated with steam during processing and are thus safe to eat “raw”
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 4 Tbsp nut or seed butter
- ½ Cup Protein Powder of choice
We like either Organic Pea Protein or Sunflower Seed Protein.
¼ cup mini chocolate chips (this is optional and only advisable in winter months. The chocolate will melt in warm weather.)
- Put all ingredients (except for chocolate chips if you’re using them) in a food processor and process until mixture forms even dough, kind of the consistency of play-doh. This takes 5-8 minutes.
- The mixture should feel warm after processing. If you’re adding chocolate chips, allow it to cool for a few minutes before folding the chocolate chips in by hand.
- Place the dough into a container, we use a shallow glass dish and press it down with hands or spatula.
- Refrigerate for several minutes so it sets.
- Cut up into your desired size!